• To ensure highest standards of Punctuality of Coaching trains.
• To ensure faster, heavier and safer freight trains.
• To place Nagpur division amongst highest inward rakes releasing divisions.
• To increase freight trains interchange with adjoining division.
• To increase originating freight loading by exploring prospects of new traffic and increasing existing traffic.
• Coaching detentions are to be closely scrutinized to the extent of 30 seconds. Also, all detentions to be correctly reported in COIS/PAM.
• Keeping temporary speed restrictions (TSR) at minimum level by granting regular maintenance blocks will enable faster and safer trains operation.
• Policy ‘Free and Uninterrupted acceptance’ of freight trains from Central Railway, West Central Railway and Raipur division by eliminating redundant data exchange at interchange points is expected to create healthier environment thus giving way to similar reciprocation with regards trains moving out of Nagpur division. This will ensure that while more trains will be transacted but stock holding will not rise abnormally and keeping circulating spaces clear of for passage of Coaching trains.
Prospects of running loaded long hauls as also empty long haul trains are being looked into.