To ensure proper maintenance of Rolling-Stock assets i.e. N.G. Locomotives, BG Locomotives, DEMU & MEMU to keep in good fettle to ensure failure free passenger service.
DLS/MIB & DEMU Shed/Gondia are having holding 04 NG locos, 71 DEMUs (17 DPC + 02 SPIC + 52 TC), 72 MEMUs (18 DMC + 54 TC) & 41 BG locos. 12 Nos. of rakes (08 DEMU & 06 MEMU) are in service. All the Locos, DEMUs & MEMUs are maintainedby monitoring quality maintenance and proper workmanship, schedule checks to achieve the targets in terms & outage reliability/failure, punctuality etc with optimum input. Continuous development of infrastructure through different PHs viz 21, 41, 42 through plan estimate sanction etc. Monitoring consumption pattern of stock & Non Stock items. Staff grievance, welfare, promotion, cadre planning, D&A etc. RTI, pollution control Board’s compliance etc.
Loco outage –
- To ensure timely schedule. All schedules i.e. T1, T2, Mly, Qly, H/Yly.
- Emphasis on quality of Heavy schedule repairs viz M36 & M72.
- Super-check of locos by Officers & Supervisors.
- Own your loco scheme to improve the loco reliability.
- Improving in the driving techniques by the counseling the LPs by LI.
- Shutting down of locos when they are idle for more than 30”.
- Regular interaction with Loco running staff for their valuable feedback.
- Improving the health of loco by liquidating all over due schedules.
- Computerized Fuel recording Module has been implemented at RCD/MIB from Dec’21.
Human Resource Development –
- Training to all supervisors & staffs as and when required.
- Setting up of safety and productivity counsel.
- Quality circle meeting of supervisor and officer
- IT room for coping new generation
- Training & more use of software