Diesel Loco shed is located adjacent to RSD yard in Raipur. The foundation stone of the project for establishing the Diesel Loco Shed at Raipur with initial homing capacity of 60 locos was laid in February’93. The Initial cost of the project was 26.44 Crs. with the basic facilities, activities of maintenance Diesel Locos had commenced during year 1995 with 10 BG locos holding.
2.Salient Features of the Shed:
• Present Homing Capacity : 100 Locos
• Present Holding : 217 Locos (Including 05 ZDM4A locos)
• Shed area covered : approx.1.5 lakh Sq. mtr
• Total Sanctioned Staff Strength : 762
• Number of Pits available : 06 pits
• Total M&P available : 195 Item
• Number of Residential Units at Raipur: 142 numbers (100% occupied)
3.Mile Stone events:
• February 1992 : Diesel Shed Project started for 60 Loco.
• May 1995 : Become operational with 10BG loco.
• October 1996 : First Yearly Schedule (WDM2).
• June 1999 : First 3rd Yearly Schedule (WDM2).
• Year 2000 : Shed expansion to 100 loco sanctioned.
• September 2004 : First WDG3Aloco (13126) commissioned.
• March 2008 : Loco holding reached to 100.
• September 2010 : First WDG4loco (12328) commissioned.
• November 2011 : First Yearly Schedule (WDG4).
• December 2013 : First WDP4Dloco (40162) commissioned.
4.Shed Expansion project:
Railway Board has sanctioned a work to augment the capacity of the shed to hold 100 locos at a cost 8.91Crs during 1999-2000 vide pink book item number 524 of 1999-2000. Under this project the covered area is further increased to 1098 sq.mtrs and Administrative building is extended by 305 Sq. mtrs. As a result of expansion two additional pits has been created and length of the existing pits has been increased from 37 meters to 55 meters.
5.Satellite Shed for Narrow Gauge loco: