Motibagh Workshop, Nagpur is more than a century old workshop, established in the year 1879 to cater the maintenance needs of rolling stock of Nagpur Chhattisgarh State Railway, later known as BNR in the year 1887 and subsequently came to be known as South Eastern Railway since 1955. From April 2003, the workshop came under S.E.C. Railway after trifurcation of SEC Railway. Geographically, Motibagh Workshop is situated on the south side of the National Highway No.7, Kamptee Road and nearly 2.5 KM from Nagpur railway station, extending over an area of 73,169 sq.mt. (18.08 Acre) with covered area of 27,616.13 sq.mt (6.82 Acre) and is approachable by rail and road.
Motibag workshop South East Central Railway Nagpur is committed to achieve “Customer Satisfaction” by implementing and following standard operating procedure and safe code of practice practice to prevent injury and ill health of men at workplace. Necessary environmental protection by afforestation as per plan and prevention of pollution. Ensuring compliance of applicable legal and other requirement.