Wagon Repair Shop Raipur
Wagon Repair Shop Raipur was established in 1968 as combined Carriage & Wagon Repair Workshop at Raipur, now the capital city of Chhattisgarh state. It was initially built to cater to Bengal Nagpur Railways which became SE Railway and subsequently, after trifurcation, SEC Railway of today. With time, coaching feed was gradually shifted to KGPW & MCSW and Raipur workshop became exclusively a Wagon Repair Shop with an annual target outturn of 5760 Wagons for 2022-23.
Raipur workshop is located in the heartland of the coal and other mineral rich belt of Chhattisgarh and adjoining areas of Orissa. This location gives it tremendous opportunity to contribute to freight operations of SECR. In fact, Wagon Repair Shop Raipur also play vital role in making SECR the highest loading zones in Indian Railways.
Wagon Repair Shop Raipur attends to almost all types of good stock and tank wagons (Only Under Frame) for POH and NPOH apart from undertaking RSP and other specialized works such as midlife rehabilitation of wagon, retro fitment of twin pipe air brake system and retro fitment of BOXN into BOXNHS. Wagon Repair Shop Raipur has been consistently surpassing the outturn target set by Railway Board for many years in working hard with low manpower ratio. Working on CLW pattern of incentive scheme, the productivity of workshop is 42-44% in terms of incentive earning. Wagon Repair Shop Raipur has completed 50 years in 2018. To meet the need for modernization of infrastructure and M&Ps to adjust technology & increase productivity a project for augmenting capacity to 6000 Wagons has been sanctioned, work of which is now in progress.
Wagon Repair Shop, Raipur scaled many milestones, attaining special distinction on IR through its unstinting efforts, innovative culture and immense caliber. Few such milestones are:
- First Modern Workshop on Indian Railways dedicated to wagon Repair.
- First workshop to have wagon over wagon movement and traverses since its inception with less operation.
- First Workshop in Indian Railways in turning out one Formation of BOXNR (Stainless Steel) Wagons.
- Pioneer workshop in Indian Railways to convert BOXN wagons to BOXNEL extreme axle load wagons i.e. 20.3T to 25T.
- First Workshop to develop repair facilities for High Capacity Draft Gears (RF-361 & Mark-50).
- Acquired prestigious ISO–9001 version Certification for Quality Management System since April 2005
- First workshop to convert BOXN to BOXN-UG wagon. 10 Rakes of BOXN-UG turned out.
- First workshop to start overhauling of CTRB in Indian Railways.
- IOH of ICF wheel sets was started in May’09 to meet the challenge of IOH requirements of ICF coaches on SECR.
- First workshop to retrofit twin pipe arrangement on BVZI wagons.
- First workshop to implement WISE and to have the coveted status of being the pilot of pilots in WISE implementation.
- First workshop to implement restructuring orders and promote 351 staff and implement a productivity improvement of 6 %.
- Introduction of single batch salary payment through NEFT.
- Pilot of the pilot workshop for implementation of WISE-II.
Salient features of WRS/Raipur
Consent to operate (Water)-Consent to operate has been obtained from CECB, Raipur vide letter no. 205/TS/CECB/2019 dt. 06.04.2019 which is valid upto 31.07.2021.
Consent to operate (Air)-Consent to operate has been obtained from CECB, Raipur vide letter no. 205/TS/CECB/2019 dt. 06.04.2019 which is valid upto 31.07.2021.
Registration No.-Udyam Aakanksha/Unit No. 11100405993440
Presentactivity of the workshop
Deposit Works of different PU & Privet units such as NTPC, NALCO, SAIL, BALCO etc.
- Periodic overhauling (POH) of wagons & its components.
- Rehabilitation of BOXN wagons.
- Overhauling of BVZI wagons.
- POH of diesel & electric locomotive wheels.
- Retrofitment/Conversion of Single pipe brake system to twin pipe brake system.