Innovations in year 2020-21
1. 1. At Coaching depot Durg 55 ICF Coaches (31 WGSCN & 24WGS) were converted locally for isolation center of COVID – 19 patient. Formation of 2 Rake ofare kept ready for use
2. 2. 1000 Posters pasted in coaches regarding awareness of Corona virus up to April-2020.
3. 3.Sr.CDO/Durg has developed “Remotely Operated Ultra-Violet Sanitization Robot” that can be used for sanitization of coaches in Raipur division without entering the coach.
1. 4. One EUR rake JHS BASE formed the 44th EUR rake termed as BR-44 by EUR maintenance work at C&W Depot BIA on 26.05.2020.
2. 5.Two Nos. LOHA rake formed for the transportation of 26 Mtr. Long Rail from BSPC to Various destinations in Indian Railway on date 16.05.2020 & 23.05.2020.
3. 6. “Foot Peddle operated Soap Dispenser & Push cock” mechanism locally developed In Staff coach washbasin of 140T Bk.Dn. Crane & ART so contamination of virus through Push cock can be prevented.
1. 7.BMBC test bench for brake cylinders of BVZI has been developed in-house for overhauling and testing. Earlier this work could not be attended at PP-Yard/Bhilai. After this innovation the overhauling and testing of BVZI brake cylinder have been started at PP Yard BIA.
1. 8. At Exchange Yard Bhilai, 78 nos. of bulkhead wagon repaired at sick line with Protection Rail deficient on arrival which is highest till date, Bulkhead wagon contains 10 nos. of Protection Rail to protect longitudinal movement of loaded long rail (260 mtr)Total 780 Nos. Rails fitted on above 78 Bulk head wagons.