·Dealing with proposals of financial concurrence: to creation of new posts, extension & upgradation of existing posts and other miscellaneous establishment cases.
• Financial scrutiny of proposals to be included in the Works, Machinery & Plant and Rolling Stock
• Scrutiny of Estimates including check of incidence and allocation of expenditure.
• Vetting of tender documents and special conditions of contracts.
• Attending tender-opening, Tender Committees, vetting of Agreements etc.
• Dealing with proposals of financial concurrence to Miscellaneous items concerning works such as special rates, variation in quantities, recovery of penalties, damages etc.
• Vetting of Miscellaneous proposals such as cash imprest, contingent expenditure, Extra of Temporary Labour Requisitions under Revenue, Awards to staff, etc.
·Reviews and revision of Budget—August review, preparation of Revised Estimates for the current year and Budget Estimates for the next year (in November), final Modifications, Preparation of appropriation Accounts.
• Distribution of funds to various Executive Departments on receipt of Budget allotment from Railway
• Advising the spending authorities of re-appropriations whenever necessary.
• Dealing with audit observations and matters relating to Public Accounts Committee, Convention Committee.
• Reviews of expenditure vis-à-vis performance.
·Preparation of Salary Bills, supplementary bills, educational assistance bills, traveling allowance bills, LPCs of Accounts staff.
• Maintenance and Review of Service Registers, Increments Registers and Leave Accounts.
• Grant of increments, fixation of pay on promotion and on changes in rules concerning Pay & Allowance (generally as a result of recommendation of Pay Commissions).
• Grant of Passes, PTOS etc.
• Arranging payment of settlement dues of staff on their retirement, death or resignation etc.
• Sanction of advances such as Transfer, Sickness, Marriage, Education "etc.'
·Issue of Pay Slips and verification of Last Pay Certificates.
• Passing of monthly Salary Bills, Supplementary bills, Travelling Allowance Bills, etc.
• Maintenance of Salary Audit Registers and Cadre Check Registers.
• Certification of eligibility of leave and maintenance of Personal Files of Officers. Compilation of Service Cards for the Officers for submission to Railway Board.
• Passing of monthly Pay Bills, Supplementary Bills, T.A. Bills, Educational Assistance Bills, Overtime and Running Allowance Claims, Half-monthly ''payments under Workmen's Compensation Act.
• Maintenance of Scale Check Registers.
• Maintenance of Suspense Registers for various advances given to staff andreview of Suspense balances.
• Certification of fixation of pay, allowances, stepping up of pay, etc.
• Review of temporary & permanent cadres.
• Check of various mema & statements (e.g. of variation PF and rent deduction), absentee statements etc., certificates, journals, and other annexures received alongwith the bills.
• Maintenance of Registers of recoveries.
• Check of scales of pay of Class IV staff for one month in a year with service, records.
• Recovery of Foreign Service Contribution.
• Certification of special contribution to Provident Fund and other settlement dues of employees quitting service.
PROVIDENT FUND & PENSION
·Maintenance of Provident Fund Ledgers.
• Posting of P. F. Ledgers from Variation Mema and P. I. Journals.
• Posting of check sheets from P.F Ledger cards.
• Calculation of interest and bonus, noting of gratuity amount on P.F. Ledger Cards.
• Comparison of balances, of P. F. Ledgers at the end of the year carried over to the next year, annual closing of P. F. accounts.
• Issue of P. F. slips to subscribers.
• Review of arrears in monthly posting and monthly reconciliation.
• Review of unposted items and accounts and closed accounts.
• Advance review of superannuation cases and check against delays in payment of settlement dues and withdrawals from P. F.
• Check and certification of qualifying service in case of pension.
• Check of the rate of monthly pension, amount of commuted pension, issue of Pension Payment Orders.
• Dealing with debits from treasuries, etc. regarding pension payment made by them.
• Maintenance of register for nominations.
• Scrutiny and timely payments of advances and withdrawals from P. F.
·Passing of Labour Pay Sheets, and Contractor's Bills, maintenance of Works Registers, Contractors' Ledgers and Liability Registers.
• Review of completion Reports.
• Review of Materials-at-Site Accounts.
• Maintaining the Registers for Deposit Works.
• Passing of bills of Miscellaneous stores. Advertisements, medical stores, coal-handling contractors' bills, electricity bills. Rates and Taxes bills payable to Municipalities.
• Post audit of paid vouchers for payments from station earnings.
• Custody of paper securities.
• Internal check of contingent expenditure of various departments of Railways.
• Maintenance of Works Registers and Revenue Allocation Registers and their reconciliation with General Books.
• Review of the sanctioned expenditure, and review of expenditure held under objection.
• Compilation of Capital & Revenue Account of residential buildings, vetting proposals for revision of pooled rents.
BOOKS AND COMPILATION
·Maintenance of General Cash Book, Journal and Ledger.
• Maintenance of Subsidiary Registers, Revenue Allocation Register, Register of Earnings.
• Maintenance of Registers of Transfer Transactions and chasing the delayed adjustments.
• Compilation of Monthly Approximate Accounts—Current and Final Accounts.
• Compilation of Capital & Revenue Accounts and Finance Account.
• Checking monthly reconciliation of various suspense heads viz. Miscellaneous Advances Demands payable. Deposits Miscellaneous etc.
• Maintenance of Cheques and Bills Register.
• Check of postings in the abstract of bills (CO 7) and in the requisition of cheques.
• Check of deposit ''Unpaid Wages" Register.
• Post-check of paid bills, maintenance of register of remittance transactions.
• Certification of Chief Cashier's Cash book (and Divisional Cashier's cash book) re: theamount booked under “cheques and bills” and also cash balances. Arranging surprise check of cash of the cashier.
·Check of original records of subordinate Executive Offices.
• Disposal of Accounts Inspection Reports Parts 1 & II .
• Disposal of Part II of Audit Inspection Reports.
• Drawal of annual programme of inspections.