Indian Railways (IR) is one of the world’s largest rail networks with approx 65000 route kilometres of route lengths. Railway network traverse across the length and breadth of the Country. It is the world's largest commercial or utility employer, with over 1.2 million employees. A large number of employees are recruited every year by different units to keep the life-line of country running. Many new employees join Railway service far away from their home town. Many of these employees apply for transfer to other units so that they can reach a place nearer to home town.
Common Portal for Transfers (ComPTran) has been designed to help such employees. On this portal the employees will be able to do the following:
Find suitable partner for Mutual Transfer.
Monitor progress of Mutual Transfer.
Monitor progress of request for transfer.
The Common Portal will help the Administration in monitoring the status of pending cases within Unit/Railway with greater efficiency and transparency and thus enhance employee satisfaction.
The facility of on-line Registration of Request Transfer is not available to the Railway Employees at Present.
- When employee submits a request for Inter Railway Transfer on bottom seniority the request will be registered by the home Railway and stage wise information will be updated by the units till the case is finalized.
- Employees can check the status of their request - Chronological events can be seen by employees online
Find Mutual Transfer
- This is a platform for the Railway Employees to find a suitable partner for themselves so that they can submit Joint application for mutual transfer.
- Employees can register there requirements if they don't find any suitable employee in the database
- They can feed responses to the request filed by other employee if the particulars are suitable for him
- This will help in bringing together employees who otherwise have no practical solution as on date.
- Once registered they can monitor the responses received from other employees
- Railway administrators will have no role in this, however once joint application is filed at any of the Railways the data will be transferred to Mutual Transfers data and further progress can be checked in mutual transfers section.
- Joint Application is submitted by both the employees for Mutual transfer. The request will be registered by the Railway Administration where it is received and stagewise information will be updated by the units involved till the case is closed.
- Employees can check the status of their joint application - Chronological events can be seen by employees online
- Presently the Portal is open for use by the Railway Offices alone and not for the employees, however they can check status of their requests.
- Provision for operation by employees shall be considered at a later stage.
- All request transfers will be processed as per existing terms and conditions laid down by the respective Railway for such transfers.