To ensure proper maintenance of Rolling-Stock assets i.e. N.G. Locomotives, BG Locomotives and DEMU to keep in good fettle to ensure failure free passenger service.
DLS/MIB & DEMU Shed/Gondia holding 44 NG locos (powering 46 passenger trains daily), 66 DEMU (15 DPC + 48 TC + 3 DTC) & 15 BG locos, by monitoring quality maintenance and proper workmanship, schedule checks to achieve the targets in terms & outage reliability/failure, punctuality etc with optimum input. Continuous development of infrastructure through different PHs viz 21, 41, 42 through plan estimate sanction etc. Monitoring consumption pattern of stock & Non Stock items. Staff grievance, welfare, promotion, cadre planning, D&A etc. RTI, pollution control Bds compliance etc.
Loco outage –
- To ensure timely schedule. All schedules i.e. T1, T2, Mly, Qly, H/Yly.
- Emphasis on quality of Heavy schedule repairs viz yearly & 2 yearly.
- Super-check of locos by Officers & Supervisors.
- Own your loco scheme to improve the loco availability.
- Loco health check i.e. terminal attention at BTC, CWA, NIR, HBG and MIB etc.
- Improving in the driving techniques by the counseling the LPs by LI.
- Shutting down of locos when they are idle for more than 30”.
- Regular interaction with Loco running staff for their valuable feedback.
- Improving the health of loco by liquidating all over due schedules.
Human Resource Development –
- Training to all supervisors & staffs as and when required.
- Setting up of safety and productivity counsel.
- Quality circle meeting of supervisor and officer
- IT room for coping new generation
- Training & more use of software